Friday, December 17, 2010

KUALA TERENGGANU - SRI MANJUNG - KUALA TERENGGANU - 1 Day Trip

Yesterday, 16th December, 2010 I have a fantastic drive. At about 6.30 am and accompanied by my eldest son Abg Yu we started our journey from our house at Kg Kolam, Kuala Ibai, Kuala Terengganu...heading towards Perak Darul Redzuan with my 6 years old Toyota Avanza 1.3 Manual Transmission.

Apparently, this was not the first trip to Perak because I have visited the state many times before. If you are driving, there are few popular routes from Kuala Terengganu to Sri Manjung. The first one is K.T - Pasir Putih - Jeli - Gerik - K.Kangsar - Beruas/Manong - Ayer Tawar - Sri Manjung/Lumut. This is my favourite route because it is the shortest one.
if you travel from P. Putih to Jeli, you will spot this unique view

The second one is K.T - P. Putih - Kuala Krai - Gua Musang - Cameron Highlands - Simpang Pulai - Tronoh - Seri Iskandar - Ayer Tawar - Sri Manjung/Lumut. This route is also good to be tried, especially when you are traveling with your family because you may stop at Cameron Highland for a while. Have some strawberries or local oranges for refreshment. You may try some local favorite such as steamed sweet corn known as 'jagung mutiara' or pearl corn. Though a little bit expensive compared to local sweet corn, the taste of pearl corn is good and worthwhile to buy.
ahh...strawberries

delicious pearl corns available at Cameron Highlands

Next, you may have to try some chocolate covered strawberries. In this case, strawberries are dipped into warm chocolate and packed after cool. Taste the sweet and sour of the contradicting ingredients between the chocolate and raw fruit of strawberries and reserve your own comment on that strange recipe. To me, the taste is just OK, but the price is not reasonable and extremely high. But, the freshness of vegetables and  colorful collection of flowers are amazing and unbelievable. Just drop by, and you will believe what I have said hereof.

The third route is KT - KL - Lumut, which is not practicable at all, unless you have some things to do in KL before going up to Perak.

one of the view taken just beside the trunk road of Tasik Kenyir - Felda Aring - Gua Musang
There is also another unpopular route, KT - Sungai Tong - Pengkalan Gawi - Tasik Kenyir - Felda Aring - Gua Musang and thereafter similar ways as per the second route hereof. However, this route is not recommended by me because the road conditions  are very very poor. You will have to waste your travel time a lot in Felda Aring.

So, on that day, I chose the 2nd route to Perak. My average speed is at 90km/hour. At 10.30 am we arrived at Gua Musang R & R and have nasi lemak as our breakfast. Our travel became much more easier with the help of GPS system. I have chosen the 'I Go' program for my trip this time though 'Garmin' software also available for use. The 'I Go' software used to be much more familiar and accurate with local roads and landmarks. 

My first refuel was at Shell R & R Gua Musang for RM47.50 for full tank.
a normal scene of Cameron Highlands
another view of Cameron Highlands taken just beside the trunk road


My tired Avanza is resting at one of the popular restaurants selling 'chocolate strawberries'
Next, we have a quick stop at Cameron Highlands for refreshments before proceeded to Simpang Pulai. Then we took a short Highway drive and exit at Jelapang before continued journey via UITM, UTP, Sri Iskandar, Sitiawan and Sri Manjung, finally.

We arrived at Sri Manjung around 2.45 pm and had our Jamak and Qosar pray at Masjid Salahudin, Taman Desa Bayu. Then we settled our jobs in my friend's house...ie, loaded in Abg Yu's personal goods and items into my Avanza. We were served with cup of tea by my friend and have a 15 minutes break over there. About 5.00 pm we went to Sri Manjung's Mac Donald and took away some burgers and drinks. Just about 2km away, we couldn't afford anymore to smell the stuffs and forced to stop beside the road to enjoy our meals.

We continued our journey home through the first route via Beruas/Manong - K.Kangsar where I refueled for 2nd time of the day...RM50.10 for full tank again. Then we continued our journey to Gerik, Jeli, P.Putih, Jerteh and stopped for the 3rd and final refuel for RM30 at Shell Petrol Station Chalok, Setiu, Terengganu and have some refreshments and prays. We arrived at home around 1.30am.

This is a story about my one man show for driving alone from KT to Sri Manjung and then going back on the same day to KT from Sri Manjung with just about 15 minutes actual rest taken for a cup of tea at my friend's house at Taman Desa Bayu, Sri Manjung (not to mention about energy gone for shifting goods and items belonging to Abg Yu from my friend's house into my Avanza which occupied the whole luggage area up to second row seats). Since Abg Yu is a new driver, I dare not to let him drive. Safety is prevailed.

Have you ever driven like me, to and fro KT - Sri Manjung on the same day with actual break for 15 minutes only?

2 comments:

KRF Kak Mie

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.