Saturday, April 30, 2011

Taman Dataran Maziah

Taman Maziah, Kuala Terengganu

For citizen of Kuala Terengganu, Taman Dataran Maziah is not much different from other places of interest of the city. Is it because of the place is not attractive or not good or maybe, the existence of the garden itself is not really needed by the public?


 
I have had passed by the garden many times before but I did not feel to drop by. Yesterday I have to send Kakmie to the Post Office which is located nearby the Maziah Garden. After parked my car beside the road, I walked to the Garden. 

the Post Office is in the background
It was a warm shiny noon and the sun was well above my head. I could feel the heat. I rushed to the shadow of one big teak tree. I could feel the strong warm wind coming from the estuary of Terengganu river which was just 400 meters from the Garden.






I walked over the remaining part of the Garden. There were stone benches and chairs under the shadow where visitors can rest and relax. 


a view of the Garden with the historic Bukit Puteri in the background
I tried to catch some view there with my hand phone, but the Garden keeper was there, scowled and turn his face when I click my phone. I knew he was angry to me because I have captured his photograph  for relaxing and enjoying his sweet time whilst he was still on duty. Moreover,  the seat  is supposed to be sat by a visitor like me...not him. His job is to clean and sweep the old leaves dropping almost every minute from the big threes there. With due respect thereto, I have opted no to produce the picture of his sour face here.
 





















I spent about one hour walking and sitting in the Garden. I noticed that the flow of visitors there were very poor...just 5 persons (inclusive of  the Garden keeper and me)  in an hour. I did not know why. Perhaps that area is not a crowded portion of the city or perhaps the place is not attractive enough.


But, in my opinion the Garden is beautiful. Maybe its location is so near to the other garden called Taman and Dataran Shahbandar and not far away from the city's Central Payang Market. Just maybe. 


a view of the historic Istana (palace) Maziah taken from the Maziah Garden
Somehow or rather, the Garden is suitable for recreational activities and relaxing in the evening. Fresh air from the open South China Sea will make you feel healthier and happier.

It is a location I recommend you to visit...perhaps just for few minutes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KRF Kak Mie

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.