Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kuala Besut

A Revisited To Kuala Besut


Sunday, 13th March, 2011 was perhaps another black mark in the calendar of tourism in Kuala Besut, espescially for Perhentian Islands. On that day a boat carrying passengers from Kuala Besut heading towards Perhentian Islands was sank after its engine caught by fire. Fortunately all passengers were safe and were hospitalized for treatment of small injuries, shock and trauma suffered as a result of the incident.

At first I thought the tourism business in Kuala Besut - Perhentian Islands might have been badly affected due to the incident above. So, I went to survey Kuala Besut by myself on the next day (14th March). No doubt, the numbers of visitors were reduced dramatically. Taxi stand near the Big Tree also looked deserted and quiet.

the big tree in Kuala Besut next to taxi and bus stand

I went to the boat jetty of Kuala Besut which was always crowded during school holidays. During my visit and stay here for about 2 hours, only one group from South Korea boarded a boat to Perhentian Islands. 





There were many boats waiting for the guests/passengers at the jetty.





The jetty which was busy with people even on normal days, suddenly left deserted with empty boats.




I left the jetty and headed to a nearby coffee shop for some refreshments. The shop also deserted with me as the sole customer of the evening, perhaps.


 


Getting bored with the surrounding at the jetty, I drove back to the Big Tree location with intention of going home. From there I have to drive through the only main road of the small town whereby I have to pass the Tourist Information Center of Kuala Besut. Unlike normal days, the Center which is located at the entrance road to NAN Hotel was empty and quiet.




There was nothing more to see here in Kuala Besut, unless if I want to rest at another popular destination called Pantai Rekreasi Air Tawar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KRF Kak Mie

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.