Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Redang Island Marine Park - Part 4

Marine Park - Pulau Yu

When you are traveling by boat en-route from main land jetty in Merang towards main island of Redang, you will spot two small islands on the left of the route. They call it Pulau Yu Besar and Pulau Yu Kecil. I don't know why they call it Pulau Yu which means Shark Island. May be there are many sharks there. But then, these two tiny islands have been gazetted as Marine Park too and were a popular spot for scuba diving activities. Are they not afraid of killer sharks here? I do not know about sharks here because to the best of my knowledge, information and belief, there are no sharks thereunder or around these islands. So, why they call it Sharks Island? May be many sharks gathered here last time or long time ago, hence came its name.

As far as I am concerned, scuba divers loved this location very much. Looking at the underwater pictures, I may agree with them.

 a beautiful fish inhabited the underwater of Yu Island



Rare species inhabitants found in underwater of the Yu Island

























I have not heard about any new about shark's attack to the divers at Yu Island or any other islands in the Redang group of islands to this extent. Divers who dived here have promised to me to come here and dive again next time. Surely the waters here are safe for the visitors to explore the same.


the divers will come again and again for self satisfaction

No comments:

Post a Comment

KRF Kak Mie

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.